French court bans 'obscene' Nice attack photos

16 Juillet, 2017, 12:07 | Auteur: Edgar Lajoie
  • Nice attack

Twitter users have been posting their tributes to mark the one-year anniversary since the terror attack in Nice. The sequence, accompanied by a choir, with at least one member holding back tears, ended with a minute of silence for the 2016 Bastille Day revelers killed when a truck barreled down a famed beachfront walkway.

Macron paid homage to the solidarity of the French people in the face of the attack and said: "We forgot the name of this murderous anonymous [the terrorist] but we remember the names" of those killed.

Relatives of the 86 victims of last year's Nice terror attack have been outraged at a magazine's publication of video surveillance images of the moment a jihadist's truck plowed into the crowd.

Eric Morain, the lawyer for the victims of terror attacks said the images were "an attack on the dignity of both the victims and their families".

Tourists stand by a structure on the eve of the commemorations of the July 14 fatal truck attack on the Promenade des Anglais in Nice, France, July 13, 2017. He said: "I am your guarantor". During the three-hour commemoration ceremony on Friday, President Emmanuel Macron and city mayor, Christian Estrosi, spoke.

In a speech ending the Bastille Day parade on Friday, Macron stood before wounded French soldiers and thanked them as well.

CCTV images of the attack were a controversial subject immediately after the murders.

Trump is the guest of honor, invited by French President Emmanuel Macron for Friday's display of French military might.

It was all BS, meant to deflect from the Islamic motivation and ties to terror networks.

The judge did ban the future publication of two particular images either in print or in digital forms.

The court said ordering physical copies of the magazine to be pulled from sale would not be an "efficient measure".

Recommande: